Saturday, April 21, 2012

Balance

I have 5kg to lose, I’m in a healthy weight range and even my waist is within the healthy guidelines.  Is my lifestyle healthy?  No way!  I so easily fall back into the bad habits of take-out of laziness as soon as the pressure is turned up a little bit.

I don’t know what to do about it, except to just keep on improving one step at a time.  And each time I slip back a little less.

I have decided not to do the Michelle Bridges 12wbt program this round.  I have the program and recipes, I have the skills I need to do it.  I just need to make it a priority and right now, I have too many other things going on to really justify making a 12 week program a priority.  My health, yes, it is a priority and I will focus on health and well-being.  But the program itself is too time-consuming as a whole, when you take into account new recipes, new meal plans, learning new exercise programs and schedules, watching the videos (which I’ve seen before anyway) and mindset lessons, participating in mindset lessons, fitness tests, milestones, and then jumping on the forums, blogs, facebook, and twitter!  Phew!  Yes, it is a lot to do the program as a whole but for those who desperately need to turn their lives around – it is important enough, and necessary enough to commit that time.  But not for me!  I’m doing okay and I am here because I want to get healthier, not because I am slowly killing myself!

So the last few weeks of April will be about finding balance.  Finding a way to make my goals fit my life.  I want to have happy kids, a clean house, my PhD, and a fit and healthy lifestyle for my whole family!

Saturday mornings are for cleaning up and shopping so that is what I am doing this morning!  Currently cleaning, then doing a meal plan, and then shopping and planning for a big cook up tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment