Saturday, February 25, 2012

Protein: to feed the muscle!

proteinI now have my macronutrient ratio worked out but I’m still struggling.  My plan is not complete.  I still need to convert those macronutrient goals into real food.  I need a meal plan, recipes, shopping list.. something practical that I can manage everyday  and turn into habits and then.. a lifestyle!

I will begin with protein.  I’ve worked out a goal of 20% protein, out of 1500 calories which converts to 110g of protein a day.  That is a lot of protein!  Preferably nutrients should be spread across the day, to stop hunger and ensure a steady stream of the required nutrients to where they are required! 

How do I implement this in a daily plan?  To be honest.. I have NO IDEA!  Hence my writing this blog post.  I need to write down my ideas, visualise my goals and create my plan! 

I’m going to start with things I am familiar with, it is easier to work from a starting point then to create a whole new life!  So here are some foods I already have in the house and how much they contribute to my protein budget!  Any ideas on what may constitute a ‘high protein’ food which I could add to my list would be greatly appreciated!

proteinme

I want to be eating five times a day at least, so I need to aim for about 20g of protein at each meal, picking and choosing from the above list.  I am a firm believer in the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Stupid), especially when it comes to creating new habits so I need to convert this into some easy recipes/meals which I can prepare and throw together as a meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and 2x Snacks.

The plan is to organise basic meals for this plan over the next week and see how it pans out.. lots of work today and tomorrow to get sorted for the week (especially as my oven is not working!).

No comments:

Post a Comment