Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Good Habit Number One - water water everywhere!

I am 'FLYing' again, courtesy of the flylady, and doing well!  For those who don't know about flylady, she runs a wonderful website (free) which teaches people how to keep a house clean - well, not even that, more how to be a clean and tidy person.  It starts with a single habit, keeping your sink clean and shiny.  From that one habit, you get success which enable you to build up on that habit and create more.  You feel great about yourself, let go of perfectionism and learn that doing what you can is enough.

It works so well for getting the housework under control I figure it should work for keep my body clean and healthy too.  But what to use as my shiney sink????  Water of course!  It is the one thing most of us don't get enough of, is not expensive or hard to acheive, and by filling my body with water, I will be less likely to drink softdrink, or eat out of boredom.  Sounds like a perfectly good idea to me!

So what equipment do I need?  A good water bottle (because we don't want to litter the environment with plastic bottles and who wants to pay for water!) and some hair bands!  Hairbands?  you ask!  Yes, hairbands are flylady's idea which I am adapting.  I have a 500mL bottle and want to drink 2L so four hairbands at the bottom, I move one to the top of the bottle when I refill, and I know how much I am drinking!  My aim is to get that forth hairband up the top.  Of course I am no perfectionist so I will settle for just getting my water bottle full and drinking from it.  To reward myself, I will get a star on my calander!  (Because we all know that keeping the inner child happy works!)


Now to further kick off my healthy me for 2011 I am also going to the dentist for a clean today!  I have horrid teeth with a few missing (back ones thankfully) that are visable when I smile.  So today is a clean and check up and hopefully I will come away with a not too expensive quote for some dental work!  Scary, mostly because the three children are coming along as well! 


No comments:

Post a Comment