Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The path.

no romoteSometimes we need to stop and really look at where we are. 

Right now, I am a smoker (3mths into my addiction and already quite a few failed quitting attempts) and while at first I lost some weight.. I am now back up to over 58kg and looking pretty darn close at the line between healthy and overweight BMI.

I’m not unhappy, but I’m not going anywhere or achieving anything.  I am stagnating.  Like a pond of stinky water.

It’s like I am waiting, waiting for someone else to make me change – waiting for that external motivation to come along and shift my thinking and get my arse up and moving.  But I’m waiting for something that will never happen.  Or if it does.. it will be too late because I will be having a heart attack or diagnosed with cancer.  I don’t want to be too late.

So now is the time to change.  I don’t mean change myself.  I am perfect just the way I am!  But I do need to change how I live my life.  It’s not about epiphanies, or waiting to find yourself or for fate to somehow give you a sign.  You just start.  It will feel like shit at first and it will be hard. But once you start the next step is a bit easier, and the one after that even easier.  And then you have momentum!  Hoorah! 

So it’s time to take some steps!  Exercise is out right now thanks to a bout of Bronchitis but I can do a bit of shopping and get my kitchen makeover done, plan some meals to cook up on the weekend, and do my exercise diary up for the next 12wks!

Time to get back on the move!

 

Jeni

No comments:

Post a Comment