Friday, August 12, 2011

Transforming my family

The 12wbt challenge is about so much more then getting yourself fit and healthy.. it transfers over into every aspect of your life and influences those you love the most!

These are my youngest boys,  Cam is 6yo, and JD is 8yo.  They both have developmental dyspraxia of speech, Cam's is quite severe and at the start of this year he began school as 'non-verbal' and required disability funding.  The dyspraxia also means their motor skills are little bit behind the eight ball as well so getting them into some kind of sport is important - but something I have put off due to my own social anxiety.  My eldest is 12 and has Aspergers - he is struggling with the idea of joining a club due to the social pressure and conformity required, but he has had a great success in his soccer club at school - he got a mention in the newsletter for running nearly half the field to kick the ball to the person who scored a goal!



For Cam it is all a bit of fun, he loves his 'ninja costume' but finds it pretty tiring.  He is quite funny to watch - all enthusium and no control!  Honestly, that about sums up his personality too!  He is so loving and free and honest in every thing he does!

Jayden takes things a little more seriously though, those couple of years make all the difference and he is very ready to learn a discipline like this.. I would go so far as to say that he really needs it!

I am so happy that I took the step to enrol them, though I do hope I find something that Dyllan loves aswell.  Quite possibly though I may have to accept that the chess club will be the most social he gets!



No comments:

Post a Comment