Friday, June 22, 2012

What a difference a day makes!

cannonballSo you might remember yesterday’s post.. the one about having a down day, feeling flat, etc.  And remember the one from just before that.. about riding the wave?   Well, I need to take my own advice!

The wave is coming back up and I am left feeling fantastic!  I went to bed at a decent time last night, woke up and get dressed and ready for the day by 8am and off I went for the day.  I was productive at home, getting a bit of housework done this morning, and at uni where I was able to get some much needed lab work done.  I even got through a few tasks I have been procrastinating about!

Today I am on top of the world and conquering those nasty thoughts that tell me to eat things that make me feel bad and to skip my gym time.  I know that eating well and going to the gym makes me feel fantastic, even when I don’t to go.  That negative voice inside me doesn’t like that at all – feeling fantastic makes that negative voice go quieter and one day, it will go away for good.

I will remember never to listen to that negative voice again.  It is my choice and just because I don’t feel it, or I feel lazy or a bit flat.. I can still choose to go.  I don’t have to listen to my fear.  It won’t stress me out, it won’t drive me crazy, it won’t be ‘too much’.  In fact, the opposite will happen.. choosing to do what I know I want to do will make me stronger, less stressed, happier and capable of doing even more.  That is because what I want is what is best for me.. good health, the right way!

I know the wave will go back down again, that I will flat, anxious, and blah and not want to go to gym while making myself feel worse by feeding myself crappy foods.  But this time I am more aware of it, and I have a plan.. no more excuses!

No comments:

Post a Comment