Saturday, May 26, 2012

Kitchen Makeover: P-S Task 5

fridge 001I love doing the kitchen makeover.. NOT! 

At this stage the process itself isn’t drastic, the food I have in the house is mostly good aside from some convenience food for hubby and kids. 

Most of the really bad food rarely stays very long!

I do have to make some compromises here.  My eldest child has Asperger’s syndrome and doesn’t take change very well (as well as hitting puberty!).  It is a struggle to get him to eat full-stop so I tend to keep a few basic convenience foods in the cupboard that probably would not pass the Mish test, but they are things he can prepare himself!  I see some cooking lessons for him in the future!

The fact is, I don’t have a lot of time to cook, nor do I enjoy cooking, so I have to rely on my partner.  And he is not one for healthy cooking!  Yes, it is an excuse!  So to overcome this excuse I am going to meal plan, cook ahead for both family meals and some individual meals as well, and get a system going for making sure we have things prepared!!

fridge 002So today I am cleaning out my fridge and freezer – my nice huge brand new Fridge!  I am doing up a meal plan and shopping list for tomorrow, and then starting out with Alison’s Penang Chicken (cooked in double) for tonight with a family serving put in the freezer for during the week. 

 

Jeni

No comments:

Post a Comment