Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Week 3 (Day 16) Obstacles!

My biggest Obstacle:  Me!

So, I was going to make this a great big whinge post.  My horrid husband decided to deep-fry the fish for dinner tonight, the rat-tat-too-ee (no, I cannot spell it) didn't taste nice at all, my son has been having a REALLY bad day behaviour wise, I have a meeting with my supervisor tomorrow where I need to bring up an issue with my 'co-supervisor', I am meant to have my lit review draft done but I am procrastinating, and I need to do up a story board on Cam's communication computer so he can tell the class about his holidays and going to the beach and learning to ride his bike!

Instead I will now admit:
1. I didn't bother to follow up when D asked what we were having for dinner tonight so the fish didn't have time defrost properly.  I also didn't find the Basil for D when he looked at me vaguely earlier when I said he needed to put it in.. He did try, but I should know that he just doesn't get a lot of things in the kitchen as yet.
2. I did get the rat-tat-too-ee on early this afternoon and planned it well but eggplant just doesn't seem to be my thing.  
3. I've been procrastinating about my lit review forever.  I just need to do it.
4. I didn't exercise today because I didn't feel like it.  I could have made the time.
5. I blamed D for Dyllan's behavior today.  I need to step up and do some more stuff around the house and take more responsibility.  I can't keep saying 'when my Honours is done'.
6.  I love Cam, I should love him enough to take an hour to do some work on his communication.  He needs to be in speech therapy but I haven't even got the referral yet for private therapy because I am scared I can't afford it.  And yet I can afford this, and a bike, and I was planning on getting gym membership - something else that was put in the 'when I finish my Honours' basket.
7. I have no reason to stress about my meeting tomorrow.  I only have to make sure I have a few documents with me so I inform her of what is going on and it is up to her as to how she deals with it.
8.  I have conjuctivitis, I feel like crap but not that bad.  I need to suck it up and do some work.

Okay so now I am going to go do some stuff.

1 comment:

  1. *hugs* - that's all you need. (And, I don't think I'll be a fan of the ratatouille either...)

    ReplyDelete